Carnegie Hill Neighbors’ Security Program is instrumental in contributing to the sense of security we all enjoy. Not only do residents feel safer when they know the safety patrol is traversing the neighborhood, the very presence of the guards discourages potential criminal activities.
The CHN Security Program was started in 1993 to provide an extra set of eyes and ears for the community and assist the police in ensuring the security of the neighborhood. Now with CHN’s partnership with Integrated Security Services, guards work closely with the 19th Precinct. On the recommendation of the NYPD, the nightly shifts for the Cruiser Patrol consists patrolling the streets by car. Approximately 100 neighborhood buildings provide the funding for this program, which protects everyone. If your building is not listed below, please speak to a member of your board about joining your neighbors in helping to ensure a safe community. The annual cost is only $50 per household unit.
Security Program Co-chairs Mark Goldsmith and George Stonbely work actively to enlist participation in the program of every large co-op and condominium in the neighborhood. These salient points should encourage every building to join this program:
- The 19th Precinct encourages the work of the patrol car as a deterrent to crime and welcomes the extra eyes that provide added security in the neighborhood.
- The basic annual fee is only $50 per household.
- A GPS satellite tracking system monitors the patrol cars, ensuring that the entire territory is covered systematically.
- The security guards patrol 365 days a year, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on weekdays, and 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on weekends.
- Special attention is paid to safety at school dismissal hours.
To contact the security patrol officer during hours of operation: